Friday, February 27, 2009

Ramblings


A Fruitful Darkness
Work in Paint, Thead, Wool & Silk


I'm off to my oil painting lesson with Richard this morning. We are working on both a landscape and a figurative piece. This break into a different medium has truly helped me become more creative in my own work. Ellen from Ridge West Gallery came by yesterday and purchased one of my pieces as a gift for a friend's birthday. Always a good sign when the gallery owner buys your work. So the show is full steam ahead and as usual I'm trying to get as much done as possible before I leave for vacation next week. Yes, we are getting away from this winter that promises to go longer than the book War and Peace. I'm dying for some warm weather and all day sun.
Here's wishing you a great weekend.

No comments: