Monday, August 31, 2009

Bordeaux..... Warning: Three Part Post (maybe more) and Vacation Photos

Our flight left for Bordeaux at 4:40pm or was supposed to according to our tickets. When we arrived at the airport we were bumped back a couple of hours due to........ "no idea" they never divulge that information. By the time we arrived in Paris it was around 1 a.m. our time and 7 a.m. theirs. We missed our flight to Bordeaux so we had to wait for the next flight that took off in four hours. I was staggering around both airports in a Gravol induced stupor and you probably could have put me on any plane to anywhere and I would when I arrived I was in France. As I've noted in previous posts, not only am I a nervous flyer but suffer from motion sickness as well. Just the kind of girl you want to have along on a trip!





Eventually we arrived at the hotel exhausted but still moving. Someone we ran into warned us not to sleep but to wait until tonight to crash. We propped open our eyelids and went out for a walk. I came across the first Chocolatier and dove right in to some chocolate covered caramels which they tie up so beautifully in a small bag with brightly covered ribbons. Lots of attention to detail here.



We found a lovely cafe not far from the hotel and stopped for a Caesar salad and a............

Best Caesar salad I've ever tasted. It was slathered in dressing with shaved parmesan on top and no, I wasn't thinking or concerned about the calorie count. I headed for bed around 9pm leaving John in the lobby trying his best to speak (butcher) the French language.



Tomorrow my visit to the Musee des Beaux-Arts.






1 comment:

andrea said...

A bit of a rough start but I have high hopes for what comes next...