Sunday, December 6, 2009

Back In The Studio



Two Birches
Work in Paint, Thread, Wool & Silk
11"x14"


Two Birches....Detail.....

So now that my one moment of fame and fortune is but a distant memory....I am back in the studio.  I've got three new pieces painted up and am just getting ready to start the thread work.  All three are landscapes but I am itching to start a more urban piece.  I took some great photos when I was in Toronto last week and I have my eye on one that I may start within the next few days although with Christmas right around the corner we'll have to see how far I actually get.


This coming weekend we host our annual "Tree Hunt"  where many of our friends get together and we head out to our local tree farm to find the "perfect" tree.  Judging by some of the trees we've picked in past years "perfect" may be too strong a word.  Anyway, afterward everyone makes there way back here for chilli and lots of delicious food supplied by all.  Last year Kelly made samosas that were to die for.....if she's reading this ... no, I'm not being subtle at all.


Will post new work sometime this week when done.












No comments: