Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Stuff



New work waiting to begin...........

This weekend I didn't even step into the studio other than to show a few new friends my work.  We hosted our annual party here on Saturday.  Such a wonderful time to catch up with old friends and meet new ones.  It was great to take a long look around and see babies, toddlers, kids, teenagers, 20 somethings all the way up to 50 somethings.........  We are  very fortunate to have so many people who remain close to our hearts.


Sunday I had promised to take the girls Christmas shopping so they could buy a few small presents for their friends. The mall is never my favourite place to be but I sucked it up just to spend a bit of time with my teenagers.  Felt really sorry for the mall Santa though, I stood and watched as child after child was placed on his knee, each one crying louder than the last.  There's a guy who puts in a hard days work ......


Dragged the girls and John down to watch "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer" last night which just happens to be one of fav Christmas shows.  My oldest still thinks the Abominable Snow monster is scary....I think he's just looking for his place in the world. I know all the songs and yes, I do sing them as they come up which starts the girls shrieking and begging me to stop which only encourages me to sing louder.  One thing that I have noticed, and I must point it out, is that Santa was kind of nasty in that show....I mean he could have stood up and been a role model for others on how to treat people but he didn't.  That part just after Rudolph is born when he goes to Donner's cave to visit and sees Rudolph's nose.....he says something to the effect that "too bad he would have been great on the team" or during the reindeer games when the coach tells Rudolph he can't join in with the others....Santa was there but he didn't stand up for Rudolph which I found really disappointing. Yes, in the end they all recognized the error of their ways and it all worked itself out but I'm just saying ............


New Work in Progress......

1 comment:

andrea said...

I'm so glad you embarrassed your girls with your singing. I'm not the only one! :)