Monday, January 24, 2011

Everything's Coming Up Yummy


Friday night I cooked for Kelly and I must say we had a "grand old time".  Her contribution was a yummy bottle of  Napa Valley red,  actually she brought two bottles but I knew sharing one would be far more than enough unless I wanted to wake up with a splitting headache screaming for Advil in the a.m.  Lots of laughs and good food always = good times...

So with all the talk of food these days and my renewed vigour when it comes to meal planning,  I decided to make Holly homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast on Sunday.  O.k., let's take a step back because I didn't actually decide that but when I looked in the cupboard and realized there was no mix hanging around .....it was then that I decided.  Just wanted to clear that up.  So throwing my confidence around me like a coat, I found a five star recipe online and nailed it.  Surprisingly enough it was dead easy and according to Holly "delicious" which is quite a compliment since she's a teenager...enough said.  Of course anything would taste yummy smothered in this



and this



I'm just chalking it up to another culinary success in the kitchen.

Have a yummy Monday and yes, I know I've said yummy three times in this post.

No comments: