Monday, November 7, 2011

Daylight Saving Time .....seriously???


Hard to believe daylight savings time has come and gone.  Am I the only one still holding onto the last shred of autumn I can find?  I mean I totally understand that November has arrived, having had a birthday and all but the news of snow flurries come the end of the week is almost too devastating to wrap my head around.  I do live in Canada .... I am a Canadian ...this should not surprise me but for some crazy reason right around this time of year, every year, it does.

I'm loving waking up early in the morning and being greeted by a bright, beautiful  sky but do confess to feeling that SAD disorder kick in right about 4:30 every night.... too dark too soon.


Slowly but surely I will become accustomed to the shorter days and the cooler temps but for now I think I'll just keeping taking advantage of those nice long walks and enjoying the gifts that autumn is still so generously providing...and I will until the last leaf falls....


2 comments:

andrea said...

That last photo looks like it should become one of your paintings. Or maybe one of mine! :)

Melody said...

Agreed ... I always think that when I walk by that spot. I love the movement of the clouds