Saturday, March 31, 2007

Better Late Than Never


I wanted to enter a new post a couple days ago but you know the old saying "The best laid plans......" My daughter had the flu and I was so behind on everything I needed to do around the house that my blog just had to wait one more day......or perhaps two. Working from home does present it's challenges and remaining disciplined is one of the biggies. Because my studio is in my house, whenever I walk to the kitchen, bathroom, etc., there are always clothes that need to be picked up, dishes and laundry that need to be done, bathrooms that need to be cleaned.....the list is endless. I do remind myself that all those things will be there when I am finished working but it is difficult to resist the urge to stop the work in my studio and start the work in my house. I remember discussing this a with friend of mine once and her asking me if when I die, do I want people to say "and she kept such a clean house". Cheers to great friends.



This piece was created from a photo I took when we were up at the maple sugar bush. I have such great memories of that day, the warmth of the sun, the cool spring breeze and maple syrup tea that was provided by my mother in law.


I created the snow with felted wools as I like the texture I can achieve once I start quilting it. The entire tree was machine embroidered in thread as well as the background trees. A large variety of browns and beiges. I collaged the border using various wools, threads, cottons, and even threw in some metallics for a touch of shimmer.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I know what you mean about getting side tracked. Since I also work at home I feel like I'm multi tasking all day long. Plus, right now I'm supposed to be working and I'm online!

Your friend was wise indeed.

tlwest said...

hmmm my house is not so clean!