Saturday, March 24, 2007

Friends



A few days ago I gallery sat at the Zephyr Gallery which is downtown. I am part of a group show celebrating "International Women's Day". The theme this year was "Friendship" which is why I entered this piece........... "Good Company".

I think when we reflect back on our lives we find our friends were so instrumental in celebrating our happy moments, encouraging us in times of despair, giving us a soft shoulder to cry on during our "crisis" situations and just generally "being there". There is great comfort in knowing that no matter what life throws at you, your friends will be there to pick you up when you fall.

That being said, it was wonderful to spend time at the Zephyr and to read all the wonderful stories that accompanied each piece of art work. Each story was inspiring and uplifting.

Each friend in our life is truly a gift and if you are fortunate enough to have a great friend who makes your life brighter......count yourself as very blessed.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I was just reminded of the importance of friends the other day! Your work is very inspiring, Melody.

Melody said...

Thanks so much Cynthia. From what I know of you, I'm sure you've been blessed with many great friendships.