Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Big Week



Passionate Ground
Work In Paint, Thread, Wool & Silk
20"x16"

Tonight I heard from the producer of the Cityline segment in which my work will be featured with four other artists. She was just checking in to see if everything was on que for Thursday. I have to be there at 9 a.m. with the work and even though I won't actually be "on air" I'm still crazy nervous. They have asked me to bring 3 pieces but only 2 may make it to air. It was a tough decision but it will definitely be one of the three I've just completed minus the glass. Apparently Eric McClelland of Fleur-de-lis Interior Design will be introducing my work which is super exciting since he owns one of the most prestious interior design firms in Toronto.....ok now I'm feeling dizzy. John has a couple of appointments in the city on Thursday afternoon so he is going to drive me down... thankfully. Can't risk a fender bender with me behind the wheel.


I also found out today that I'm involved in a "smalls" show at Hartley Woodside's Gallery on Saturday which will run until Christmas. We had discussed the show back when the Images Tour was in full swing but I hadn't heard anything further until today when I received the flyer in which my art was front and center........uh ohh. Since I'm already involved in the Art Show in the Village all weekend I'll drive up to Hartley's on Friday with a couple pieces. He has a very loyal clientele and they buy art.


So yes, I'm excited with so much going on right now and just a touch overwhelmed. One of my friends, upon hearing this yesterday said "Enjoy this as you've worked hard and deserve it...just take the ride and see where it will take you...life is always stranger than fiction" I'm holding that close to my heart this week.

No comments: