Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Moment in Solitude



A Moment In Solitude
Work in Paint, Thread, Wool & Silk
16"x8"


So I finally finished this piece.........yeah! 

It sat around on my storyboard for what seemed like forever but I finally finished off the groundcover and feel it's good to go.  I had some gorgeous gold and copper thread that I ended up weaving into the bottom since I felt I wanted something that created a highlight depending on which angle you viewed the work from.  This fit the bill perfectly!  Tomorrow I'll take it up to my framers and have it double matted and framed.  I'll opt for a white mat and deep mahogany frame to compliment the chocolatey browns in the groundcover.  I've learnt through trial and error that simple but classic framing is the way to go.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

This is great Mel. And you're working bigger? It has a lot of depth, I love the little rectangular shapes beneath the tree, that suggestion of a buried path. Lovely!

Melody said...

Thanks Ellen and yes, I have started to work bigger. Takes a lot longer but worth it in the end I think

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Wonderful rich, warm tones and I like the patterns in the ground.