Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Expermentation



In Progress
Acrylic/Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
16"x16"

So I've been a pretty busy camper these last few days as I'm trying to make up for the time I lost last week.  Family came to stay for seven days and it just wouldn't have been right to take off for hours at a time to the studio which just happens to be outside in the garage.... I'll just call it my "summer studio".   I've really taken to what it is to paint in the fresh air.  When I need a break I simply hop on my bike and go for a ride ... rural living you know....


In Progress
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
16"x16"

I've found the last few weeks to be a real experimental period for me.  Sometimes I get too wrapped around the axel when it comes to deciding how I want to work and in what medium.  I'm giving myself a big break and just deciding to go wherever my instincts take me.  I'm at  a stage in my life where I'm refusing to be pigeonholed. At this moment I'm enjoying the lusciousness of working in oils.  The slow drying qualities of the medium I've developed a love/hate relationship with but oh, the fluidness of the paint is like drinking a good red (Bonterra) and listening to Miles Davis......  now, that's a one good visual...

No comments: