Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Me & The Girls


I'm a really lucky mom and believe me I know it.

My girls and I have always been super close.  I'm thankful of that each and everyday.  I knew when I first became pregnant that my intention was to have a relationship with my children just like the loving relationship I had and still have with my mom.

I mothered my daughters like my mom mothered me..... and there is such gratitude in that.

 I wondered as the teenage years approached if all that which change but with a few bumps and bruises along the way, it really hasn't.

So the past weekend was of course a difficult one as my oldest returned for her second year of university after an entire summer at home.   You would think these things get easier but they really don't.

Did I cry when I left?

Of course I did, as did she,  but I left with the knowledge that she is happy, she has lots of friends, she's an amazing, independent young woman with so much a head of her.  This is just another step on her path.  But....her dad and I are only a phone call away if she needs us and we always will be....she knows that.

But I am still a mom and couldn't leave without helping her.......


Put food in the fridge...


vacuum......



Clean......

and of course I drank a few of these just to make things easier...





No comments: