Thursday, September 1, 2011

Me & The Buddha


The Summer I First Believed
24"x24"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas

I'm doing my best to remain focused today as I've got a lot on the go and feel I'm falling behind.  I spent yesterday rearranging my cupboards and thoroughly cleaning out my kitchen which was an accomplishment but in the end I wasn't standing in front of the easel.

The above piece is either going to go to The Village Gallery or Tangerine Gecko Gallery.  I'm headed to the city next week with deliveries for both.  The Matilda Swanson I will visit sometime in later September and The Silverbridge in a couple of weeks.  

On the way back from Peterborough last weekend John and I stopped at this really cool spot that we had read about in the Globe and Mail.  It is the site of one of the largest Buddhist Temples to be built in North America, if not the largest.  It my take years to complete with the main building being 65,000 square feet.  It will be open to the public.

You can read about it here.

A few photos of the day....






The property is absolutely stunning.  I could see the Buddha's head in the distance which will be part of a stone statue weighing 100 tonnes.  I wanted to get a closer look but the gate was closed with a No Trespassing Sign and I wasn't willing to climb it.  I may have done that 20 years ago but now I'll just be patient and wait until the gates open to the public.





No comments: