Monday, September 26, 2011

Road Trip, Delicious Food and a Fab Recipe to Boot!


Saturday we left to visit our good friends Karen and Jason who live a couple of hours from us.  We made the plan while sitting on the beach drinking cold beers this summer and a good plan it was.





Surprisingly enough Holly wanted to come along as well as she's become interested in sewing her own clothes (yes, she now has my machine) and Karen teaches Fashion at at the high school where she lives. The weather called for rain all weekend (they are always wrong... what's going on Environment Canada?) but we left on a perfect fall day.  Holly hooked up her ipod to the car radio and slowly introduced us to rap hoping in some small way we may become converts.. ... no such luck.  She started off with Rihanna & Eminem's "Love The Way You Lie" cause I actually have that song on my ipod and like it but after that it all went down hill.  We both like Adele so we listened to her the rest of the way especially this song.  Her voices blows me away.

On the way we stopped for lunch here....


Friends introduced us to this restaurant years ago and I have never forgotten it.  Unbelievably fabulous food.

Such attention to detail....



Delicious scones.....


I had an incredible tomato vegetable soup....


and the mother of all salads ... I mean where have you ever seen a salad that's a work of art???  I almost hated to eat it.  The dressing was some sort of raspberry vinigrette but when I asked the waiter it sounded like the chef "wasn't in the mood for sharing"




That night we enjoyed dinner with our friends and a delicious Pad Thai and they were in the mood for sharing ....



So speaking of food and recipes, I made this awesome Fire Vegetable Broth Soup with Sausage last Thursday night.  It was from Karen at The Art of Doing Stuff .. she always has great recipes and she makes me laugh too...

Cheers to a  terrific Monday...

No comments: