Monday, September 19, 2011

Sunday Stuff


Sunday turned out to be stellar  ... sunny, breezy, gorgeous skies .. the most perfect fall day.

John's fishing plans fell by the wayside as we decided to spend the day doing stuff around the house.  At first that didn't seem like such a fabulous plan to me but I eventually got in the spirit  and enjoyed myself.  We spent a few hours rearranging my studio so I could take my larger canvases (30"x60") and hang them directly on the wall rather than an easel.  Holly's boyfriend was over so that saved me from throwing my back out by trying to help John move the mammoth wooden desk that sits in the corner....

On Saturday we were at the farmer's market and bought a big basket of organic tomatoes...I wish I could say we had planned this out like the good little canners we aren't....but we didn't.  We came up with the brilliant idea that we would make some sauce.  We are strictly amateurs at this point but next year....look out.







We took the skins off with was super easy by just throwing the tomatoes into boiling water for a minute and then tossing them into a bowl of ice water ... easy peasy.  I don't mind seeds so we left them in.

Found a "how to " this a.m. from Karen at "The Art of Doing Stuff" which we may use next year minus the tomato press but who knows.  We may think it's so much fun we'll pick one up for ourselves ...or maybe not.  Will revisit that idea next year.

Over at the Cottage Nest , Jen suggests this delicious recipe from Martha Stewart Living for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares.  Haven't tried it as of yet but Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

Make it a great Monday.....

No comments: