Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Belated Mother's Day



Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the Moms out there.

My mother's day was just perfect. French toast with fresh fruit for breakfast and our friends Charlie and Joan over for dinner. I spent maybe 10 minutes in the studio and the rest of my day outside planting some flowers in the garden as well as pulling lots of weeds.

This is my "zen"cat Simba. Why do I call him a "zen" cat. His favourite thing to do is relax which reminds me to take time to do the same. A good reminder for all us.

Work is going wonderfully and I am really excited about the new pieces I will have for my show on June 23rd. Lots of colour and texture as well as acrylic paint on cotton. I'm even thinking of an abstract using dye on silk. I've still got some experimenting to do. Hope your mother's day was as lovely as mine.

2 comments:

Kesha Bruce said...

Melody-

I can't wait to see what you come up with for your June show!

Any chance we could get a sneak peek?

Good Luck!

Melody said...

Thanks so much Kesha. Yes, I will be posting some of my new work that will be featured in the June show.
Hope things are well with you. Your time in Vermont looked fabulous. Keep in touch