Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Feel of Fall in The Air


I really don't like thinking that we are into August already. Here in Canada the summer is short enough but wow....today I can feel autumn around the corner. This morning as my kids were getting ready for music camp they began talking about back to school shopping and timetables. Kelly and I were just discussing the other day how autumn feels so much more like the new year coming in than January 1st ever did. It seems to signal all kinds of new change. Change isn't something I relish but am wise enough to understand (yes, it does come with getting older) that it is a constant in all our lives.
This small piece was sent off to the framers yesterday. I am quite pleased with it. I used acrylic paint on the sky and thread everywhere else. The flowers in the foreground are lavender as well as queen annes lace, which is growing profusely in my backyard.
Hope your well and not quite ready to let go of summer just yet.

No comments: