Monday, March 24, 2008

Skiing at Blue






Here's hoping everyone had a lovely holiday.

Last night I showed a total lack of self discipline by demolishing a Laura Secord's cream egg all by myself. It tasted so good going down but after I felt yucky afterward. Chocolate will always be my downfall.


We took off on Thursday to head to Blue Mountain for some skiing. No, I don't downhill ski but John and the girls do. Our friends, the newlyweds, Les and Victoria joined us. Blue Mountain is sort of like Aspen, Colorado when it comes to skiing but on a much smaller scale. I loved the village which was lined with cobblestone walkways and lots of shops......really expensive shops. I didn't buy anything but did treat myself to a Cafe Mocha at Starbucks which ran me $6.00. I don't think I've ever paid that much for a coffee.........guess I don't get out much.


John and Les skied, Victoria and I checked out the village and the girls took snowboarding lessons. My youngest had done some snowboarding last year but my oldest....this was her first time out and she spent a lot of time on her bum. Much thanks to Carlo who was the best ever snowboarding instructor....so much patience and a "you can do it" kind of attitude. Your a great inspiration.



No comments: