Wednesday, December 10, 2008


Today I thought I'd share with you my all time favourite photo.


My youngest daughter who happens to be quite the budding photographer snapped this picture of my oldest and John walking along the beach in Cuba a few years back. I've decided to have it framed and give it to him for Christmas this year. There is something about moments like this, that when perfectly captured, speak to you. That's what this picture does for me. I love the way my oldest daughter has positioned herself as she walks along the beach so full of confidence and wonder. The shadows their bodies create seem to be extensions of their spirits.


Art in all it's beautiful forms never ceases to amaze me and to do what all good art should......make me feel something.


2 comments:

Ellen said...

That photograph is stunning. A beautifully framed, beautiful photograph of people you love has got to be the best Christmas gift.

Melody said...

Thanks Ellen, I wholeheartedly agree