Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Little Bit of Good News

Is it just me or does it seem like everything you read or hear lately is bad news? Everytime I turn on the radio, which by the way I've stopped doing first thing in the a.m. as I find it quite depressing, they are reporting on how awful everything is in the world. I came across this online the other day and by the time I finished reading a few of the short entries I just felt better in general.

What you focus on expands.

So with that said, I leave you with two things. The first coming from Al who owns the local gas station in town whose response to "how are you?" is always "Anyday I wake up above ground it a good one". In that vein, turn up the volume on your computer and listen to the amazing Nina Simone singing over the Season 4 promo for Six Feet Under. If you've never watched the show do yourself a favour and rent it. It is the most brilliant piece of television you'll ever see.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I haven't seen that Six Feet Under promo before. I love Nina Simone (and the crows:). I am waiting and waiting for HBO (because I only think it will come from them)to make a series as brilliant as that one.

And a nice reminder for us all to pay attention to the good deeds and news in life. Thanks for that.