Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Long Time Coming


Well there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said about the historic moment that took place yesterday. I watched on and off (thank god for Tevo) from around 10 in the morning until 11 last night..........yeah, I'm televisioned out but just couldn't miss out on witnessing an event that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. The girls watched part of it with me last night and couldn't get over how much his dancing style resembled their Dads.




I've been a big Obama supporter since I first heard him give the keynote address at the DNC in 2004. Believe it or not I have watched all of the Democratic National Conventions since Jimmy Carter. I think somewhere on this blog I've mentioned what an American political junkie I am. So I'm not going to blab on and on rehashing what has already been said but here's my two cents worth "Barack Obama has inspired and restored a sense of hope and promise for not only Americans but for the world. He embodies everything it takes to be a leader who leads by example...........someone who walks the walk not just talks the talk. Enough said!


So as you can see my computer is up and running. John worked some sort of magic with it and voila here I am. Ok, maybe not magic since he had to stop in at Future Shop and buy a new router as ours was fried but at least, unlike me, he knew what to do.


Lately I've been quite pleased with myself as I've been keeping up with my promise to sketch something small every morning. I'm working on my compositional skills and in just a short amount of time have noticed a considerable different. Practice does make perfect or something like that.

Speaking of creativity, tomorrow my friend Steve is coming over and we are going to throw some paint around in an abstract sort of way. Yes, that does makes me nervous. Steve is a painter (loves abstracts) as well as a talented musician. We got to talking at a party in the village just recently and I mentioned to him that I had this huge canvas which I think is about 60"x24" in my studio. I also told him how it had been sitting there for what seems like years due to the fact it totally intimates me. I work on such a small scale that I've never attempted anything that big and white. So Steve kindly volunteered to come over tomorrow and we'll take a crack at it together and we see what we come up with. Maybe I'll post it................

3 comments:

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks for the clip of Obama dancing. I remember when he danced on the Ellen Degeneres show awhile back and I began to look at him in a new light! So I was thinking he'd be doing some good moves last night!

Guess John is a better dancer than Doug, I can't even dance with Doug without laughing so hard I have to go to the bathroom. He does some weird bouncy thing.

Anonymous said...

Melody...I've seen John dance. You are giving people a false sense that he may actually have rhythm.

Ha ha ha ha!!

Melody said...

Tracy, Maybe when you come to Toronto we can have a dance off.... put Doug and John on the dance floor together and take a vote. Doug may do the bouncy thing but John seems to have this thing going where he does the wave with his shoulders.

Kelly, your right.... there's no rhythm there.