Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Work in Progress.......On The Easel & In The Studio


Work in Progress
Blind Faith
Mixed Media on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
12"x36"

So even with the best of intentions the studio has once again fallen into a pit of total mess and disorganization.  My paints are a disaster and heaped one on top of the other in a sad and neglected little pile.  Whenever I buy new paints I almost always promise myself to neatly wipe off the tops after using so the paint won't harden and force me to bring out my trusty little screwdriver.  This morning the screwdriver is back on the table.  Such a waste of time to have to try and dig through the hardened paint to find the fresh stuff.  Think I'll carve out an hour today and just get it done instead of whining about it.

Kesha Bruce has a great blog post this a.m. about working big..... her experience meeting with a gallery owner interested in big work.  Rather ironic because the last few months I have been exploring what it is to work big or should I say bigger since a 20"x20" seems pretty daunting to me right about now.


Work in Progress
Lost & Found
Mixed Media on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
20"x20"


No comments: