Thursday, June 28, 2007

Changes


Today is my youngest daughter's last day at elementary school. On Tuesday she graduated, complete with long dress, hair in an updo and a boy whose mother picked them up in her minivan. When I looked at her in her long white dress, so beautiful, I so fondly remembered the first day I took her to kindergarden. I worried endlessly about how her first day would go. She had a great time. It was me who was having the difficulty. In September she heads off to high school to join my oldest child. Wow, will I have two children in high school? It seems impossible, yet it is true. At graduation on Tuesday night, she received the Principal's Award for Student Leadership and yes, I was so proud. I am proud at what wonderful young women they have grown up to be. So kind, so compassionate and caring toward others.
Such a good friend to many. They are truly my greatest accomplishment.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Congratulations to your daughter for graduating and for her award! It's wonderful and also sad as a parent when our children transition to impending adulthood.