Monday, February 4, 2008

Catching Up With Family and More Great Skiing

John's brother, wife and little one arrived here on Saturday afternoon. It was good to see them as we hadn't since our 20th celebration on Lake Superior in the summer. They live in Iqaluit, Nunavut which is on Baffin Island. We had a great dinner and caught up on all their news. I made tiramisu for dessert which was yummy but still not as good as the one Kelly made for the "Eat, Pray, Love" dinner party. I find food just tastes so much better when someone else has made it. Anyway, I'm digressing......Sunday at lunch the rest of the family arrived and we enjoyed another large meal at lunch. Around 4 in the afternoon I bid my good byes and headed out to meet Kelly for what was another great ski. The weather is supposed to turn warmer by mid week so we really wanted to enjoy the snow while it was here. I don't think we saw anyone other than a couple of snowmobilers during our entire ski. It was great!
The schedule I set for myself (see my last post) is still working well. I am rather enjoying it and feel at the end of the day I've really accomplished quite a bit.
I've found a new artist whose work I like.........Robin Cheers....she works in oils and sells her work on her blog. This concept is something I've been interested in for quite some time. I may even consider giving it a go with some of my smaller pieces. I'll have to give it some more thought.
Hope your weekend was a good one

No comments: