Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Still Cold.................


The Red Paddle
Work in Progress............
We are still in the deep freeze here in the Village as I know most of Ontario is. Come on, it's March already. Winter has just about worn out it's welcome with me. A friend of mine sent me a photo of her son this morning who just bought his first car. They live in Victoria, B.C. and he was wearing a t-shirt........now that's downright cruel.
I'm leaving next week on vacation so I'm doing my best to spend some good quality time in the studio. Honestly, I can't wait to feel some warm temperatures. Occasionally I hear from my friend Jean Levert Hood who lives in Texas. I think she gets quite the kick out of my sob stories about how damn cold it is here. Every so often she'll let me know how lovely and warm it is there in Texas .......... I think next year I need to head to Texas and take some oil painting lessons from her...........never mind Richard.
So to brighten up my sunny but cold day I do love checking out galleries on the web. Just love looking at artwork. Here's a few favourites....
The Petroff Gallery one of my absolute favourites. The most gorgeous work the city has to offer.
Distill Gallery Lots of funky art and also a great area to hang out if your ever in Toronto
Lafreniere Pai Gallery in the lovely city of Ottawa

2 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Well, you'll probably get to hear me whine when it is baking here in July! I do not look forward to that! This is the warmest winter that I can remember. in the 80's (f) again yesterday!

Melody said...

Wow, is the only word that comes to mind!