Monday, June 15, 2009

Flexibility


Tomorrow I'm off first thing in the a.m. to take a yoga class at the Y with my friend Diane. She is a member and has a free pass, one of which I used last week to take a Pilates class with her. The next morning when I got out of bed I felt as if I'd had a C-section in the night. My abs are still sore. When they say "work the core" they're not kidding. Speaking of yoga......
little known fact about me is that I'm a certified yoga instructor. Yes, I keep up a practice every day at home but it sure is a treat to take a class. Flexibility becomes even more important as you get older in both body and mind and believe me, I'm older so I know.
I've got three paintings to varnish before Friday. The Silverbridge Gallery wants to take some bigger pieces so I'm headed up to cottage country then. Truth be told I really hate varnishing. I just feel as if I'm going to totally screw it up and ruin my work. I generally use the brush on kind but am seriously thinking of the spray. Anyone out there with any advice?

No comments: