Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Work for Images and the Joy of A Maple Latte

Reflection
6"x6"
Acrylic on Canvas, Copper Thread


Yesterday's yoga class has me wishing I was taking another one today. After class I felt so refreshed and ready to get back home and start painting which I did........but not until I stopped at the Blue Bottle for a Maple Latte which was probably one of the most amazing things I have ever tasted. Thankfully I don't live in Barrie or I know I'd be shelling out $4.00 a day drinking one. I asked the woman who prepared it for me how it was made and she kindly told me it was two shots of expresso, steamed milk and a shot of maple syrup. Can't get much more Canadian than that.


The above piece is the first I've finished for the upcoming Images Studio Tour. I think I'll do at least ten or so as they are a great price point at $100.00, come framed and most people who've seen them have picked one up. I've taken copper thread and inlaid or collaged it into the ground cover. The jpeg came out much darker than the actual piece is and doesn't quite pick up the shimmer like seeing it in real life would. Work is good and I'm happy with the way it's progressing. I'm almost finished my first 16"x20" which scared the hell out of me at first but I'm slowly getting used to working bigger. The small works are still fun but I do feel the need to branch out and experience what it is to work on a larger format.


Wherever you are in the world today ........... have a good one!

2 comments:

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hello,
Wonderful tree it reminds me of your leaf on the Canadian flag.
Your coffee sounds amazing!

Melody said...

It is absolutely delicious... I could become an addict.