Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Taste of Spring


Work in Progress..........

I'm back in the studio today after what has been an amazing taste of spring the past few days.  The temps here have been soaring and I've been taking some time to sit outside on the deck just to feel the warmth of the sun on my face.  Of course I have my pencil and sketch pad in hand and am calling it work.......


John, Holly and I took a beautiful walk in the woods behind our house on Sunday and after winter, which hasn't been in fact been a bad one, it sure felt good to see things melting and hear the birds singing.  I'm sure this won't continue but for now it sure is welcome to stick around as long as it likes.


Me at the creek on Sunday





camera in hand.......


3 comments:

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hi Melody,
I know what you mean about checking facebook and twitter, I find it fascinating!
Beautiful sky paintings, very dreamy.x

andrea said...

Funny -- you're having spring just as ours disappears! Lovely photos.

Ellen said...

Love the drama in that sky. And the pictures are beautiful. (I agree with Andrea when she said the top one would make a great profile pic)