Monday, May 30, 2011

Threads


“Threads”. an exhibition of textile and mixed media works by Janet Donaghey and Melody Madden, opens with an artist reception this Saturday June 4. Two exceptionally talented artists, both are deeply influenced by the landscapes, forests and colours of Simcoe County where they live and work. It is a real treat for us to put their work together.

Janet’s appreciation of texture and her love of vibrant colour are revealed over and over in her art. "I am inspired" she says  “ by the beauty of crumbling stone walls and weathered wood, the rich green foliage of a rain forest and the red earth of outback Australia. At home in Ontario, I watch the multi-coloured sunsets from my kitchen window and from my studio I look out on densely wooded ravines and in the distance, the fields of a working farm".

Melody says of her work:  “through my work I try to explore the persistence of things. I compare my free motion embroidery to a painters brush using the machines needle to create depth shadow and light … the use of both paint and thread and at times wool and silk is very exciting to me….Within my art glimpses of everyday merge with fragments of memory and personal experience.”

“Threads” opens with an artist’s reception Sat. June 4 from 12 – 4pm.

The exhibition runs to July 6. The gallery is open weekdays 10:30 - 5:30 and weekends 10.00– 5:30.

Looking forward to seeing you here.

Hartley, Robyn, Uta and Elizabeth.

Woodside Pottery & Gallery Craighurst
Home to Art & Fine Craft
2049 Horseshoe Valley Rd,
RR#1, Barrie, L4M4Y8
705-728-3691
www.woodsidepottery.ca
woodsidepottery@gmail.com

1 comment:

Rita Vindedzis said...

This is a great pairing of work and nice when gallery shows seem to come out of no where. Have a great opening and show. Sell lots!!