Friday, June 24, 2011

The Tree









Finding My Place
Work in Progress.............


Trees have always been one of my biggest inspirations.... trees and skies.... hands down! 

I can't even fathom what it would be like to live in a place where I was not surrounded by the beauty of trees.  I'm also in love with the symbolic nature of them ... one of strength, resilence and flexibility.  Many good life lessons there. ........

Today my daughter showed me the trailer of a movie she thought I would be moved by and I was.  Toward the end of  it I could even feel a small tear starting to form ... most of the time I'm just this big emotional  freak.  The last scene in this trailer just about summed it up for me.... nothing more needs to be said....

"How come your not so sad anymore?"


"Well, you have a choice to be happy or sad and I chose to be happy and I am happy"

You can watch it here

A film by Julie Bertuccelli which received a standing ovation when it closed out The Cannes Film Festival in 2010


1 comment:

jo rosenblum said...

Thank you for the trailer link,
and it did make me cry too...it touched a chord and was so beautifully filmed I can't wait to see the movie.
Ps, I haven't commented on your blog before,
I found it through Andrea Pratt, and I enjoy seeing what your up to.
regards Jo