Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Evolution of Art




Quiet Conversation
6"x6"
Acrylic on Canvas


Over the past few years, in between my mixed media artwork, I've been experimenting with acrylic on canvas which has recently come to the attention of both the Silverbridge Gallery in Muskoka as well as The Ridge West Gallery.


As of next week both galleries will be representing my paintings as well as my current work. I have two other galleries who are interested in the new paintings but I won't jinx it my mentioning them until something has been confirmed.


Although this is an unexpected turn of events for me and a departure from my mixed media work it is exciting all the same. This will not in any way take me away from my first love of working in paint and thread but enhance it, providing me many more ways in which to continue along this creativity journey that I've always had such passion for. Much thanks to all my fellow artists who have supported and encouraged me......... most especially Carol Currie artist/owner of The Carriage House Gallery in Midland. A true artist in every sense of the word.

Sometimes you just never know where life will take you............................

No comments: