Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Can't Get Better Than Today


Tossed and turned all night long last night. John and I watched Matrix Revolutions and I think all that action overstimulated my brain. Good movie though.......quite thought provoking.
It didn't help that I couldn't seem to get work out of my head. I dreamt of being in New York and walking all over the city looking for a gallery to represent my work. I had no shoes on my feet and carried my artwork over my head.
I'm sure a therapist would have something interesting to say about that.
I arrived at the Silverbridge Gallery around 10:30, anxious to show Michelle my new work. I was sure to let her know that this was the new direction I was taking .........just wanted to make sure it would be a good fit with the gallery. I took both "Fields of Yellow" and "The View From Here" and she absolutely loved both of them. I asked to use the bathroom before I left and when I came out she had already sold "Fields of Yellow" to a buyer who had been in the gallery when I arrived. Believe me when I tell you......for an artist it doesn't get any better than that. I took it as more than a coincidence.......I took it as a sign that I am on the path I have been working toward for the past nine years. It was a great drive home with me singing loudly to the radio (shades of Jerry Maguire), I too, cannot hold a tune.
Finished off the above piece "Colours of Summer" when I got home and have almost completed a piece depicting the streets of Toronto in which I have used both acrylic paint and thread.........still haven't come up with a name for it yet. I will post it when it is done. I am off to Toronto for a couple days but will return on Friday.
Be well everyone.

2 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Melody, congratulations on the sale! That is certainly affirming. "Colours of Summer is just delightful.

Melody said...

Thanks so much Jean