Friday, July 13, 2007

Lots To Do.......Not Much Motivation


I had the best of intentions today but you know what they say about them. I have found a of couple galleries I am interested in approaching regarding representation but can't seem to get it together to do what needs to be done to make it happen. Bio, artist statement, jpegs of work etc. etc. I think I'm going to blame this lack of motivation on the summer. This warm weather just doesn't make me feel like staying inside. Summer is so very short here in Canada that it seems necessary to take advantage of every day.
Lisa Freeman came by yesterday to pick up her piece. She is having it framed so I am quite anxious to see it up on her wall. I don't frame any of my artwork because I feel it is a personal decision on the buyer's part whether they like the look of a textile framed or just as it is. Many people purchase textile art because they love the tactile appearance of it and prefer not to put glass in front of it. Like a said.........totally a personal choice.
I am trying to work on some new pieces for the Images Studio Tour in October. Although that may seem quite some time away, it sneaks up on me every year. I am hoping to have a few smaller pieces available rather than just large works.
Hope everyone has a relaxed weekend

No comments: