Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Celebrate Everyday


Yesterday was Kelly's birthday, if you've been following my blog for awhile you'll know that Kelly is my good friend who is always there when I need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen. We laugh a lot, like to eat potato chips and have been known to have a couple of beers on a hot Sunday afternoon.
So I put together a gift bag with all of her favourite things and invited her over and yes, we ate potato chips, had a beer and laughed. I told her that her husband had invited me to have dinner with them which was, of course, just a rouse as he had invited a bunch of friends over to celebrate. As we were sitting around in the backyard having something to eat and in the midst of all the laughter and smiles on everyone's face, I took a moment to take in all of these wonderful friends we have made over the years. Each and every one of them has played an important part in my life. Without them and the experiences I've had them with them I probably wouldn't be the person I am today.
So, Happy Birthday Kelly.........celebrate everyday .........one more great year of living surrounded by friends, laughter and potato chips.

No comments: