Thursday, November 15, 2007

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow


Looks like we are in for some nasty weather over night according to Environment Canada. Lots of snow squalls and wintery weather. My oldest daughter will be beside herself with excitement. She loves snow and all that is associated with it. What's not to like about snow??? I enjoy crosscountry skiing at a slow pace. .... ask Kelly. A few years ago she and I went back to the park for a ski and I mistakenly thought I could maneuvre myself down this (it seemed like a large hill to me) small hill. Needless to say......... it was a classic face plant. Ouch, it really hurt.
Both of my girls love to downhill ski as does John..........I do not. To my credit I have gone a couple times but it really terrifies me. I think it could be that careening out of control at high speeds that really gets to me. And yes, I did do the snow plow but even that was too fast. But, I do live in Canada and we do get snow and lots of it, so finding outdoor winter activities is mandatory......... sitting in a hot tub with a glass of wine doesn't count.
Changing the subject to great lines I wish I had said. .... last year at my youngest daughter's grade 8 graduation. One of her good friends was chosen validictorian and as such gave a fabulous speech. My favourite line was right near the end when she said "Try not to take life too seriously. It's not like any of us are getting out alive". I love that and try to remember it whenever I get too wound around the bend.
Be well,

No comments: