Friday, November 9, 2007

Me To We



This is one of my favourite streets in Toronto.....University Avenue. Although it is an extremely busy street there is still something about it that retains a park like feel. I took a whole lot of photos on this street when we were in Toronto a few weeks ago and they will pop up in my work over the next few months. Right now I'm working on two pieces. One landscape that features birch trees and the other is an urban piece of a man sitting on the steps of the First Canadian Place reading the morning paper.

Yesterday I got a call from a woman who is putting on an art show "The Art Experience" in Muskoka next August. She is going to send me the details and I'll decide from there whether I'm going to participate or not. I will not be doing the Images Show because as I guest you can only be on the tour for two years and then you need to take a year off. Not my rules but rules just the same. This show in August will also feature four artists who also teach at the Haliburton School for the Arts which is quite a fine institution. So........we'll see.

Last night my youngest and I watched MTV (yuck) but only because there was a fabulous show on called " Me To We", ok MTV, you did a great thing. I read the book and was blown away by it last year so I was anxious to watch the program last night. Me To We is a worldwide movement of people finding purpose through living with compassion, strengthening community and making a commitment to our shared humanity. I can't say enough good things about the founders Marc and Craig Kielburger. They have been featured on Oprah's show and she has also written an essay for their book. Well the show was great and I'm so glad we watched it together. I think it had a bigger impact on her than if I had just tried talking to her about it. She immediately went downstairs and checked out their website which also features an organic clothing section (ok, she was really interested in this..........but hey, it's a start). Check out their clothing at Me To We Responsible Style .

Peace to All and have a wonderful weekend wherever you are

No comments: