1. Waking up with a headache........I slept really weird last night with my neck on a strange angle so this morning my head felt like it was going to explode. Shouldn't have watched the "Godfather".....great movie but made me restless all night.
2. Remembering a "bad" dream. ....... Last night I dreamt I was applying to a juried show and they called me in for an interview. John and my Mom were there as well as James Caan (who played Sonny in the Godfather movie....yikes). When I arrived they told me my work was too abstract and that they were rejecting my application. I started crying at which time John, my mom and James Caan began comforting me. My mom then proceeded to tell me she was marrying James Caan and which time I began crying harder (guess I was frightened at the prospect of having Christmas at the Corleone home).
3. Daughters Arguing. This always starts the day off on a sour note. Arguing about who is going to use the hair straightener first seems such a waste of energy. I hear myself saying "can't we all just get along" which I know sounds so lame as they look at me with their perfectly coiffed little heads while my hair is plastered up along side my face, my eyes are puffy and my neck is leaning to the right.
4. Garbage on the Back Deck. I totally forgot I left a bag of garbage on the back deck last night. Proscrastination will get you no where.......should have taken it out to the garage last night. Noticed a lot of tiny candy bar wrappers from my Hallowe'en stash. Note to self, never buy Hallowe'en candy a week and a half before Hallowe'en.
5. Burnt my mouth on my morning tea. Pretty self explanatory.
Oh, life is so interesting isn't it?
You what they say........you can't always control what happens to you but you can control your response and you know what "life is good". I'm breathing, the people I love are healthy.....I feel grateful for many things...........that gratitute will snap you back into reality everytime.
But right now you must excuse me while I go clean up the garbage on my back deck.