Tuesday, October 2, 2007

In The Home Stretch

Tonight I will thankfully be able to move my furniture back into the living room and tomorrow perhaps hang some art. The kitchen will be painted tomorrow and then ...yeah! it is all over.
Within the midst of all this chaos I have been trying to get organized for the show which starts on Friday. I think I'm doing alright.
This piece and the last posted "Benched" are both from my "City Streets" series.........works from the streets of Toronto. I love the urban feel to both of them as well as "Sunday Morning". I am headed to Toronto again next week to spent some time with my mom and sister so I'll have a few days to get around and take some more photos for potential art pieces.
I must say I am quite tired today. All the renos as well as the upcoming show have done me in but at the same time I am excited. I look forward to the Tour every year as it is such a wonderful experience to connect with new clients as well as old. My work this time out is far removed from what I was exhibiting last year so it should be interesting to hear the feedback I receive.
Oh, and before I forget.......Congrats to my cousin Paula on her wedding to Steve..........great woman....great guy. Your blessed.
Hope everything is great in your part of the world.

1 comment:

Jean Levert Hood said...

This is a lovely piece, Melody!
Jean