Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tour Over, Family Gone Home....I'm Exhausted

This is a shot of Gary Brierley's studio in which I was the guest artist this past four days for the Images Tour. The tour was great but the weather was terrible. Monday ended up being the most successful day as the sun finally showed up, the rain stopped and people appeared. Numbers were down everywhere compared to last year but all in all it was still a good experience. I don't think I've ever received such great feedback on my work as I did this time out so I know I'm on the right path.
Oh, and then there are my friends. I have such a supportive group.....whenever I have a show, there they are. Even though they have seen my work a hundred times they always show up for me....life is all about "showing up". I love each and every one of them and feel especially blessed to have that support structure in my life.
Speaking of friends.........Steve Caston, one of mine, who happens to be a fabulous musician and songwriter, is performing on October 19th at Swanmore Hall at the Stephen Leacock Museum.
If you ever get to chance to see him perform.......you'll be amazed. Click on Steve Caston for more info. Oh, and thanks Steve for the words on Sunday.......I'll surely remember them always.
Today I'm really tired though and the house seems too quiet.
John's parents have been here since Thursday and were an incredible help keeping the home fires burning. His mom was a god send. She prepared and cleaned up after Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday night.........a dinner in which we hosted twelve people, spent time with my girls, cleaned out the fridge and wouldn't stop making food for everyone who dropped by. She's probably happy to have gone home today to get some well deserved rest. Thanks Ruth.
Today it is once again pouring rain...........a good day to clean up, do laundry, wash the floor, etc. etc. I'm headed off to Toronto for a couple nights to my Mom's for a visit.........movies, chinese food and of course a Mom's love. Will post again on Friday.......

2 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Melody, isn't it wonderful to get all of that feedback and support! I know you're probably pretty tired, but I bet you're revived in that way also.
Jean

Melody said...

thanks so much Jean for your comment....yes, I am