Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Weekend In The City


The weekend in Toronto was almost too much fun. I could easily have stayed another night but there are responsibilities at home and I also ran out of money so reality kind of set in.
Here is the restaurant in which we had dinner on Saturday night. I ended up surprising John by inviting his brother and wife as well as his closest friend Jay and his partner. John's mom flew in complete with a beautiful photo album she made for him from his birth up until now. Everyone say "ahhhh".
After dinner they brought out a creme brulee with a candle on top and the entire restaurant sang "happy birthday" which totally embarassed him. John's brother suggested we head over to the Fat Belgian for a beer afterward the believe me the walk alone was fascinating. Everyone in the city seemed to be dressed up for Hallowe'en. I saw a guy who looked identical to Elton John on the cover of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I have no idea how he walked in those platform furry boots as I can't even imagine putting on a pair of high heels at this point in my life. It occured to me that these people had really spent a great deal of their time designing their costumes. When I was a kid I always ended up being a gypsy as my mom wasn't buying my costume.........I needed to be resourceful enough to come up with something on my own. It was usually a ghost, witch or gypsy. There were generally the easiest. But admittingly, most of the fun was in the doing.
Yes, I am digressing............On Sunday I was fortunate enough to take lots of photos for future work. I am currently working on a landscape piece involving a stand of birch trees. I am hoping to post it by Friday.
HAPPY HALLOWE'EN TO ALL..........now get going and make your costume.

No comments: