Sunday, January 20, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love.....Reflections on Friends and Food



I think last night will stay with me for quite sometime. It was to say the least an extremely memorable evening. I don't think you can go wrong when you bring together friends, good food and thought provoking conversation. And thought provoking it was. If you've read "Eat, Pray, Love" you will be aware that there is an endless source of "stuff" up for discussion. Everything from faith, hope, love, balance......it runs the gambit and I do believe last night we covered all of it. Everyone had very strong opinions on all of those subjects which made for such interesting dialogue between us.....

We all ooohed and ahhhed over the delicious food..........the ultimate in yummy. Kelly's tiramisu was the best I've ever eaten.....and yes I did have two servings as well as a couple of mouthfuls standing at the kitchen counter pretending I was cleaning up.

It all wrapped up around 12:30 and with a smile on my face I fell into bed. Exhausted but so very pleased.

Much thanks to:

  1. Liz for your fascinating insights
  2. Marilyn for your strong convictions
  3. Judy for the random acts of kindness you perform all day long
  4. Anna for always being a strong supporter (cheerleader) for everyone
  5. Amy for your interest in all things spiritual
  6. Sarah Jane for your unshakeable belief
  7. Joan for your honesty and reflections on life
  8. Kelly for your wicked sense of humour that never fails to crack me up.

Speaking of thanks......much gratitude goes out to Andrea Pratt for her kind mention of my work on her fabulous blog. Yes, Andrea we will get together whether it be in Toronto or Vancouver for that glass of wine.

4 comments:

andrea said...

Thanks, Melody, and what a fun evening you must have had! I could go for a bit o' that right now myself.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Melody, what a terrific support system of women! You are blessed.

Cynthia said...

It looks like you had a terrific evening!

Melody said...

Andrea, Jean, Cynthia.......yes, it was a fantastic evening and I am so blessed to have such a great group of friends.