Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Motivation.........Can't Seem To Find It Today

I didn't have a very good sleep last night......my mind wouldn't quit running and it kept dragging me along with it. This morning at 6:30 am I felt like I hadn't slept at all. Remember when you were a kid and there was no such thing as a "good nights sleep"?.....every night was a good night sleep. I do sometimes long for those days. I think it all started after I had kids (that will do it to you). Your always listening to hear them at night just in case they need you. Perhaps even though they are now 13 and 14 I just haven't been able to break that habit.
This morning my youngest, who never sets an alarm slept in, as did I. Bus leaves at 7 she didn't get up until 6:30. The morning started off in a panic as I must have jumped 3 feet off the bed when she came running down the hall to inform me she was late. I told her she needs an alarm clock she told me "I'm stressed and cannot talk to you right now". Oh........teenagers, they are such a joy.
After this morning I just haven't been able to get my "mojo" going........I think that translates to motivation doesn't it? My kids would just be cringing if they read this or heard me say that word.
I do need to get to work on another small piece I'm in the middle of and head up to the framers to sign a couple pieces.
When I was on line yesterday I read about an artist residency in Italy. Tiny house outside of a lovely village, a garden and studio space..........I can dream can't I?

No comments: