Thursday, September 20, 2007

Work Completed, Good Music


Last post I talked extensively about my process and showed this piece which was half completed at the time. It is finally done and although there are a few things I would change I am generally happy with it. It don't think there has ever been a piece that I have ever finished that I didn't feel needed some tweaking.....I think I'll always feel that way.
This morning I saw my doctor for my yearly physical (yuck). The good news is I seem to be quite well which was a relief to me as I am a total hypocondriac. I think there was year when I thought I had every symptom of every disease known to man. I will warn you........if you have anything bothering you at any time.....do not go on the internet. I guarantee your symptom will show up with numerous horrible diseases linked to it. But I come by it naturally as everyone in family is a true hypocondriac. I'm just following the genetic path. We are a strange bunch.
John has gone to pick up our oldest daughter from play practice and my youngest is playing some wretched music upstairs that sounds like nails on the chalk board. I don't remember being a teenager and playing music my parents hated. I genuinely believed they liked my music because it was good music. Who doesn't like James Taylor, Led Zeppelin, Steve Miller Band, Bee Gees (yes, I did go through a disco phase.....it was the 70's afterall). Most of what I hear now is just an assault on the senses, wow, I do sound old. I think all that talk of peri menopause was freaking me out at the doctors today. When she asked me if I had experienced a "hot flash" yet I looked at her like she was crazy. I replied rather sharply "of course not". This is a whole new territory that I know is coming in the next few years but I'll deal with it when it arrives. What is primrose oil????
On to literary interests.............I read "Into The Wild" by Jon Krakauer about three years ago when I was up on Superior and absolutely loved it. If you have not read it...........do. It will grap you from the first page and leave you reading long into the night. It is a story of a young man following his dream and seeking authenticity in his life. Those are truly my most favourite books to read. It stays with me long after and inspires me to not only be a better person but to find my own truth. I saw Sean Penn being interviewed on Oprah today and he has turned the book into a film, which according to the Toronto Film Festival is fabulous. I will surely see it when it goes national on October 5th.
Well, must run the girls are upstairs arguing once again over who is taking a shower first tonight.......yes, I am taking a deep breath and am happy that at least they value cleanliness.
See ya

No comments: